Welcome to the last job ad you’ll ever have to read! Ok, that may be an overstatement, but seriously, we’re excited you’re here and we hope you’re the perfect fit for our Sr. Strategist role here at WHYFOR.
From digital marketing to content, research to reporting, our strategy team covers it all. You’ll work closely with our Director of Strategy and team of content strategists, SEOs, paid media specialists and designers to ensure our clients have solid 30K-foot strategies that can be actualized at 15K-feet and executed at 0 feet.
None of us are experts at EVERY piece of digital marketing — but in this role, you need to understand the value of all the pieces coming together and know how to weave them into strategies and tactical plans that drive performance for clients. And if you like things boring, this isn’t the gig for you. As our Sr. Strategist you’ll be facilitating client workshops, conducting research, developing personas, building customer journey maps, planning content calendars, working across departments to compile compelling reports — all while contributing to exciting agency growth and carving out a long-term career development path.
It goes without saying (even though we’re about to say it) that you need to be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, a stellar writer and a critical thinker. This isn’t a color-by-numbers role — proactivity and flexibility are critical.
Sound like you? Good! Check out more details below:
- Facilitating client workshops.
- Developing brand messaging, personas, customer journey maps and marketing plans.
- Working with and integrating strategies from SEO, paid media, conversion rate optimization, creative/design, content, PR, social, development and more.
- Conducting industry, competitive, audience and brand research.
- Digging into data and analytics to create meaningful performance reports.
- 5+ years in a strategy role (preferably with a content or digital marketing focus)
- Agency experience is ideal
- Familiarity with tools like: WordPress, Mailchimp, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, HotJar, Google Ads, Facebook, SEMRush, Asana, Outlook, Slack, etc.
- The ability to translate data into actionable insights
- A killer taco joint recommendation
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Stellar critical thinking skills
- A desire to always be better, never satisfied “with the way it’s always been done”
- Deadline-oriented and organized
- Results-driven and flexible
- Team player
How’d we do? This you? Sweet. Send your resume (and maybe even your go-to karaoke song) to firstname.lastname@example.org — we can’t wait to meet!
WHYFOR is a Phoenix-based brand marketing agency guided by purpose, informed by research and committed to meaningful measurement. Since 2008, our work has helped brands drive revenue, launch ventures, promote causes and ignite movements by influencing how audiences think, behave and buy.
Our proprietary L.A.B.S. process, which uncovers a brand’s anatomy, develops customized audience personas and creates strategic avenues plans, allows clients to discover new truths, focus their marketing efforts and ultimately reach or exceed measurable business goals.
WHYFOR works hard, cracks jokes, finds new ways, embraces honesty, leans into data and lives the values on which it was founded every day. And at WHYFOR, everything always starts with the “why.”