Thanks for taking a look at our job ad! We don’t want to waste your time, so let’s dive in. Our WHYFOR team is looking for a part-time developer with a keen eye for design. As our resident front-end developer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages. And as you probably know, the digital marketing world always throws new and exciting work our way, so there will be plenty of opportunities to roll up your sleeves and join a host of other rewarding projects for our clients.
You’ll need to know the ins-and-outs of working with back-end developers, graphic designers, UX specialists, CRO strategists and content creators/strategists to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills (especially since most of our interactions are still Zoom/web-based).
Still interested? Check out some more details below:
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is responsive.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Bringing at least one joke to our weekly Agency Huddles.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp and Hubspot.
- Experience staging and launching websites.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Photoshop and XD.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A go-to karaoke song for when we can finally go back to karaoke.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Did we basically just describe you? Sweet. Send your resume, and the title of your karaoke song, to email@example.com — you know, so we know what you bring to the table.
WHYFOR is a Phoenix-based brand marketing agency guided by purpose, informed by research and committed to meaningful measurement. Since 2008, our work has helped brands in 28 states and across three continents drive revenue, launch ventures, promote causes and ignite movements by influencing how audiences think, behave and buy.
Our proprietary L.A.B.S. process, which uncovers a brand’s anatomy, develops customized audience personas and creates strategic avenues plans, allows clients to discover new truths, focus their marketing efforts and ultimately reach or exceed measurable business goals.
WHYFOR works hard, cracks jokes, finds new ways, embraces honesty, leans into data and lives the values on which it was founded every day. And at WHYFOR, everything always starts with the “why.”